OM SHANTI YOGA & HEALING CRETE
The Art of Life N.P.O.
Om Shanti is“the sound of the universe & peace ” .
We are located in Amiras, a mountain village on the southern side of Crete. The area has the quietness of the mountains in the back and the vastness of the Libyan Sea in the front. The energy is very special and calming. You can go trekking in the woods (the only pine forest on the island), go mountaineering or visit some of the most beautiful beaches on Crete.It is still like Crete many years ago with empty beaches and not touristic at all... The area is well preserved with small villages and beautiful tavernas located along the seafront.Sunbeds and umbrellas can be provided for free in some places
Om Shanti Yoga & Healing Crete is located 60 km from Heraklion airport and we can transfer you to our center or arrange you a car for rent.
Anja Abinaya & Kostas Siddharth
Originally born in South Germany, I moved to Crete, the island of light, after finishing my studies of art and realizing that life is much more than what the eyes can see, the inner journey had begun and so also came yoga in my life.
Now i am into alternative healing and teacher of the new consciousness and a qualified Shivananda yoga teacher , as well i have been studying with Iyengar yoga teachers for quite some time. i started my own yoga practice in 1993 and i teach now more than 20 years here on Crete where i have lived the last 30 years.Siddharth & me have a yoga and healing retreat center in the mountain village of Amiras at the south site of the island..Siddharth ( who is from Crete) is doing the lovely vegetarian cooking ( yogic food, Ayurvedic & Cretan, all bio or from local places) ) as well as our vegetable garden and many other things.....As his passion is music and being a Dj for many years he plays the music (spiritual, ambient, mantras etc. ) in the retreats........
For many years I have been practicing and teaching usui reiki as a reiki master plus other energy healing treatments and massages.
We have spent many winters in India, me deepening my practice studying with iyengar & sivananda yoga teachers. Together we stayed for some time in an ashram called upanisha ananda madir under the guideline of Atmaji, which is an enlightened master of modern times, where we learned various pranayama and meditation techniques as well as a yoga that goes much further than the physical exercise. The last years we follow Mooji Ji, going to Rishikesh for Satsang, also online and we joined the group of Mooji Sanga.
Now we are very happy to share our experience with you.May love and light be with you,
Abinaya & Siddharth
As a human you have a destiny, Live it!
My name is Ina Grotheus
A few years ago I was searching for a balance of my daily work, I found it in Hatha Yoga after Shivananda. In 2012 I decided to do the teacher training.
Yoga for me is inspiration, inner power and peace. It always brings me into the Here & Now and shows me what is really important in life. To look, to feel how things really are, is very interesting and I believe a lifelong process.
My enthusiasm didn’t stop till today and Yoga changed my life.
I did a few more trainings, Yin Yoga, Anahata Yogatherapy for heart problems, Reiki & Dietician.
Always being a student, Yoga is a way to experience and to develop seeing things more relaxed with gratitude and humor in daily life.
I like to share and give yoga classes to my students.OM Shanti
My name is Sandra Sorgatz
I am from South Germany. I am a fitness and health trainer as well as a yoga teacher. I came across Yoga through sports. My lessons and training have moved me more and more towards Yoga over the years, noticing that almost everything has its origin in Yoga. Today, I cannot imagine my life without Yoga.
I am aware, attentive and authentic - in the now! And so are my teachings. From time to time physically a little more demanding.
I have taught yoga since 2013, started with Hatha Yoga, then Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga.Namaste,
YOGA & HEALING
YOGA means UNION. HATHA YOGA is the union of the sun & the moon, male & female to become ONE.
“You think of yourself as a citizen of the universe. You think you belong to this world of dust and matter. Out of this dust you have created a personal image, and have forgotten about the essence of your true origin.”
“Yoga for me is a state of mind and a whole lifestyle, that’s why I teach in a way that includes the heart, the mind, the soul, as well as the physical body.”
Shivananda works a lot with the spiritual side of yoga (meditation, pranayama, mantras, satsang) plus iyengar works with the right doing of the asanas, to be exactly in the posture so the blockages can be released and the energy flows freely. Together with meditation (neti-neti, itti-itti) and pranayama techniques (bairova) that we practice at the ashram, along with my own experience of so many years, we have created a lovely, effective and healing way of doing yoga.
The groups we hold in the center are small (6-10 people). There are also reiki saisons & seminars, satsangs, various kinds of massages as well as Cretan herbal medicine, that you can learn about them in a workshop.
In this retreat we work on our heart chakra.with asanas , pranayama, meditation and mantras we open our heart chakra more and more, balance it and feel the deep energy of love coming from this center .you will find out who you really are , resting in your heart & spreading love & light into the world. There will be a evening of dancing meditation at the end of the retreat
CHAKRA DANCING YOGA
in this retreat, you will learn about the chakras & we work on our whole chakra system to bring it into harmony and feel the well being of our body, mind, and soul. we use asanas, mantras and meditation as well as music to flow from one chakra into the next also deep breathing exercises ( bairova ). one evening is a Chakra dance meditation with life music from Siddhart.
netti netti meditation: I am not this.
itti itti: I am peace, happiness and love.
bairova: Breathing technique to reduce thoughts, profound cleansing of stress and tension. Preparation for meditation.
Reiki Sessions:Reiki Initiation level I, II, III
Indian Head Massage,Back Massage Foot Reflexology, Shiatsu
Upcoming & Latest
Seminars & Workshops
Seminars & Workshops
- Yoga holidays (2 hours. yoga in the morning ) the DETOX & YOGA SEMINARS they always are at the waning moon phase to help detoxify April & May Sunday 29.04 – 06 .05 Anahata […]
- Satsang & Workshops with Om Baba in Crete 12 to 25 September 2016 More info ombabaji.org We are happy that Om Baba is coming for the first time after 14 years back to Greece and shares […]
- 1 week selfinquiry with Vivek 31 May to 05 June 2016 More info vivek.life We are happy to have Vivek here again for this week of selifnquiry and satsang. om shanti abinaya and om shanti team […]
- Each seminar is a group of 6-10 people.
- All seminars are in English or German.
- The beginning and end of the retreats are always on a Sunday but you are very welcome before or after the retreat.
- The Yoga & Detox Seminars always start with the last quarter moon to help detoxifying.
- Yoga holidays (2 hours Yoga in the morning).
- At the airport there will be a car with the description to the center. The car will be shared with other people of the retreat. You can keep the car for the whole week.
- There is also the possibility to come with a bus or a taxi the center.
- The double rooms are being shared at the retreat & the price is always a 7-night accommodation, car, breakfast, 5 veg. dinners & the Yoga program included. By booking a retreat we kindly ask you for a deposit of 30% and the rest you pay it on arrival. For the cancellation until 1 month before there is a refund of 50%.
- We also have space for 2-3 tents for the retreats & a small house separate from us ( 3 min. walk) with 2 double rooms to rent extra
ROOMS & GALLERY
Our house is an old stone house with garden with view to the Libyan Sea from all the rooms. There is space in the garden for relaxation in many private places. We have restored all rooms to the original style of the house with natural stone, giving a refreshing feeling for the summer. We have 3 double rooms which will be shared during the retreats and can be booked for Yoga holidays, the Retreats, as well as just for summer holidays. Apart of the retreats you can still use the Yogashala for private practice.
Donation for a double room with breakfast (bio & local products):
- Low season (April, May, June, October, November) - 45€ per room per day
- High season (July, August, September) - 48€ per day for 2 people
- For single use of the room please ask for a price
- By booking a room we kindly ask you for a deposit of 30% and the rest you pay it on arrival. For cancellation until 1 month before there is a refund of 50%.
Yoga holiday classes 08:00-10:00 in the morning:
- Group Yoga session - 10€ per person (from 3+ people)
- Yoga session for 2 people - 30€ in total
Cooking lessons with our Chef Kostas (Siddhart) every Monday after the daily seminars, or by appointment.