OM SHANTI YOGA & HEALING CRETE
The Art of Life N.P.O.
Om Shanti is“the sound of the universe & peace ” .
In these times of Corona virus, of course, we also clean our rooms accordingly, burn incense to remove bacteria, etc. We also take all precautions for a safe yoga experience.
We welcome you to our retreat place which is located in a small mountain village called Amiras (around 550 mtr. high) at the south coast of Crete, the island of light..After living on Crete since 1986 i was drawn to this area which has the quietness of the mountains and the vastness of the Libyan Sea just in front.of the house The energy is so pure , amazing and therefor perfect for yoga retreats , yoga holidays , Satsang or only a holiday . And maybe some questions about yourself and life will be answered.through the stillness of the place and the harmonic energy Around the retreat center you can hike in one of the only pine forests in Crete or relax on one of the most beautiful beaches i know of Crete all about 20 min away. There are Minoan temples, gorges in the area.It is still like Crete many years ago with empty beaches and nice places to visit.. There are also some small villages for shopping etc and beautiful tavern's located along the seafront.Sunbeds and umbrellas are still provided for free in most places
You can relax here. Let the soul dangle and come back into harmony with what you really are.The place radiates a harmonizing and healing energy that our soul desperately needs in this hectic time..
Om Shanti Yoga & Healing Crete is located 60 km from Heraklion airport you can come by bus or we can transfer you to our center or arrange a car for rent.
Anja Abinaya & Kostas Siddharth
Originally born in South Germany, I came to Crete, the island of light, after completing my apprenticeship as a stage designer and studying in art and technic. I already had realized that life is much more than what the eyes can see, the the inner journey had begun and yoga & meditation came into my life as well as different energy healing methods.and massages..
I am a trained Hatha Yoga teacher (Iyengar & Shivananda yoga, Flow yoga & Yin yoga ) and a Reiki master. In 1993 I started my yoga education in Crete in Heraklion after being the first time in India and in 2001 I did my yoga teacher training in the Bahamas. I also got my 1, 2 and Reikimaster initiation in those years, now I teach more than 15 years.
I opened the Yoga & Healing Center Om Shanti and run it now with my life-partner Kostas Siddhart (who is from Crete and is also on the path of truth) He is cooking the delicious vegetarian food (Yogic, Ayurvedic and Cretan, all organic and from local traders) He is also responsible for our vegetable garden & since his passion is music and he was a DJ for many years, he also plays the beautiful spiritual music (ambient, chill out, mantras) during the seminars and leads through the dancing meditation.
We have spent many winters in India, me deepening my practice studying with Iyengar & Sivananda yoga teachers.Also in ashrams where we had been learning & deepening pranayama and meditation techniques as well as a yoga that goes much further than the physical exercise. Vipasana , Advaita Vedanta, the question Who am I ...and Kirtan ( i also play Harmonium) are supporting me since many years.The last few years we have been with the enlightened master Mooji ji a lot , for his satsangs in Rishikesh. & we are member of the Mooji sangha group.
Yoga also puts me in my center again and again and shows me what is essential in life, namely to meet things with serenity and joy. I try to pass this on, among other things, in my seminars and yoga classes..
We are very happy to share our experience with you.May love and light be with you,
Abinaya & Siddharth
As a human you have a destiny, Live it!
Lalita Devi (Kirtan & Hatha yoga)
When Lalita was doing her yoga teacher training in 1994 she was deeply touched by the singing of the Bajans and she followed after from the mountain Arunachala in South India the voice of Papaji (Enlightened Master) to Lucknow where he told her "Lalita you sing - Mind is quiet !"
With her total devotion when she sings , Inspires Lalita so many people, when you sing thousands of years old Mantras , you dive deep into yourself and feel total bliss and happiness.
Bajans are not to simply entertain you , but to awaken you to the truth of what you really are.
Through the power of the music and the word we break through our unconscious mind and find what we are , Sat Chit Ananda....Truth Consciousness Bliss.
With Lalitas ecstatic Bajans we feel Shivas presence deep in our heart , there where we know" Who we are".
SOHAM SOHAM - YOU AND I ARE ONE !.OM Shanti
Heidrun Kimm .ॐ. ( Singing bowls )
For many years I am living in Crete in a village about 10 km from Paleochora.
Social education and long-term activity previously in Germany
In 2001/2002 intensive training for ayurvedic massage in India, shaped by the traditional Ayurveda School in Mysore
deep insights into Indian classical music Indian music professor Dr. Trina Purohit-Ray
Training in energy work and many years of massage experience
In 2008 i started the sound massage training with Peter Hess and further education as a group leader in sound massage
2012 training course for AQUASONUS Wellness practitioner with Pia Fratoianni and Dipl. Ing. Klaus Schlötterer-Fratoianni in Germany
Member of the European Professional Association Sound Massage Therapy e.V.
Happy to share this with you Namaste Heidrun
YOGA & HEALING
YOGA means UNION. HATHA YOGA is the union of the sun & the moon, male & female to become ONE.
“You think of yourself as a citizen of the universe. You think you belong to this world of dust and matter. Out of this dust you have created a personal image, and have forgotten about the essence of your true origin.”
“Yoga for me is a state of mind and a whole lifestyle, that’s why I teach in a way that includes the heart, the mind, the soul, as well as the physical body.”
Yoga unites our individual Self with the higher truth. Most people in the west, practice yoga for physical exercise to gain fitness and reduce stress but working with the body and getting physical health, the nervous system gets affected positively and automatically drives the mind in peace.
I teach Hatha Yoga in the style of Iyengar and Shivananda. Plus mindfulness and relaxation in the asanas. Shivananda gives great importance to the spiritual side of yoga, which in my opinion is essential , because yoga means "union". Therefore, all body exercises (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayama) are a preparation & purification of the body for meditation - enlightenment . Through my training with Iyengar Yoga, I also give great importance to the correct doing of the asanas, because when our body is correctly in a position, blockages, first physical, then mental are released & the energy flows free again. The Asanas reach all parts of the body, affecting muscles, joints, spine, internal organs, glandular systems and nerves. The pranayama has a balancing effect on the body energy and emotions.The body is our "temple" which we should nurture (through yoga) to give our "soul" a worthy dwelling. Also, our body is happy when it is agile and healthy. We achieve this through asanas , breathing techniques and meditation as well as through the food we eat..
Yoga holidays are always in between the retreats ( for 2 hours in the morning ) and the base is classical Hatha yoga which combines pranayama , meditation, asanas ,mantras (we chant beginning & end of the class) In the old times Hatha Yoga had also influence of Yin Yoga to harmonize active & passive..now in the new times it is mostly Yang ( active) .I love the traditional way very much and teach mostly like that . . But also do i give space for the yoga class to arise spontaneously as the group needs it
The groups we hold in the center are small (6-10 people) so everyone can be taken care of individually .We will learn together, practice, meditate, laugh and rejoice, and perhaps we will find that "PEACE THAT IS BEYOND UNDERSTANDING that we all search for ...Om Shanti Abinaya..In this times i also teach therapeutic Yoga in a one to one base...
Pranayama technics. Bairova,,Bastrika, Kapalabhati, Anuloma Viloma: Breathing technique to reduce thoughts, profound cleansing of stress and tension. Preparation for meditation.
Reiki Sessions:Reiki Initiation level I, II, III
Indian Head Massage,Back Massage Foot Reflexology, Shiatsu
netti netti meditation: I am not this.
itti itti: I am peace, happiness and love.
Upcoming & Latest
Seminars & Workshops
Seminars & Workshops
- Yoga Retreats Crete 2020 & 21 Yoga holidays are always in between the retreats ॐ ॐ Friday 17.07 – 22. 07.20 Yoga & Detox with Anja 6 days of special Asanas and Pranayama to detoxify […]
- In this 6-day seminar, 3,5 days will be a cleansing process with smoothies, soups, green smoothies, juices, herbal teas and water. On the first, second & last day we will have some light vegetarian meal, […]
- To awake means nothing else then finding truth…… the journey (this retreat) is about maintaining mental clarity and emotional balance, sustaining present moment awareness and bringing deeper purpose into your life. With the Hatha yoga […]
- Anahata Yoga and Kirtan In this retreat we work with asanas for the opening of the heart, pranayama and meditation (lotus meditation) . Kirtan singing & talks about the meaning of the Mantras in the […]
To find the sacred point, the point of stillness where everything exist at the same time. All within us, available at any given moment. Join us in this retreats
- Each seminar is a group of 6-10 people.
- All seminars are in English or German.
- The beginning and end of the retreats are mostly on a Sunday but you are very welcome before or after the retreat.
- The Yoga & Detox Seminars always start with the last quarter moon to help detoxifying.
- At the airport there will be a car with the description to the center. Or we pick you up.The car will be shared with other people of the retreat. You can keep the car for the whole week.
- There is also the possibility to come with a bus or a taxi to the center.
- The double rooms are being shared at the retreat & in the price is included a 7-night accommodation, car, rich breakfast, 5 veg.dinners (as much as possible bio) , drinks , tee, coffee ,spring water from our tap & the Yoga program plus Yoga equipment .Also there is a dancing meditation & Kirtan ( can vary from retreat to retreat )..
- By booking a retreat we kindly ask you for a deposit of 30% and the rest you pay it on arrival. For the cancellation until 2 month before there is a refund of 30%
- Insurance is not included
- We also have space for 2 tents for the retreats & a small house separate from us which we rent when we are full in the center ( 3 min. walk) with kitchen ,bathroom ,living room & terrace. 2 double rooms or used as single room to rent extra ( the price is slightly higher there & minimum 2 people )
ROOMS & GALLERY
Our house is an old stone house with garden & view to the Libyan Sea from all the rooms. There is space in the garden for relaxation in many private places. We have restored all rooms to the original style of the house with natural stone, giving a refreshing feeling for the summer. We have 3 double rooms which will be shared during the retreats and can be booked for Yoga holidays, the Retreats, as well as just for summer holidays, all with mosquito nets & natural Coco-mat mattresses.. Apart from the retreats you can use also the Yoga Shala for private practice. Our bathrooms are one closed shower with an old olive tree inside & one outside shower under the fig tree.as well various toilets and sinks.There is a space for having breakfast & dinner and also a fridge you can use and prepare cold plates.
Donation for a double room with breakfast,includes fresh Smoothy, yogurt, muesli,fruits, tomatoes . local & other cheeses. jam, local honey ,var. kind of bread , coffee, tea etc. (mostly bio & local products):
- 50€ per day for 2 people
- For single use of the room please ask for a price
- By booking a room we kindly ask you for a deposit of 30% and the rest you pay it on arrival. For cancellation until 2 month before there is a refund of 50%.
Yoga holiday classes 08:00-10:00 in the morning:
- Group Yoga session - 10€ per person (from 3+ people)
- Yoga session for 2 people - 30€ in total
Cooking lessons with our Chef Kostas (Siddhart) every Monday after the daily seminars, or by appointment.